Tue, 30 Mar|
ASBG Environmental Risks: Where does your Company lie?
- A conceptual review of the main environmental risks faced by Australian organisations - Going through a list of key environmental and sustainable risk areas - Providing advice on how to manage these.
Time & Location
30 Mar 2021, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
About the event
Environmental laws are expanding their reach into far more business areas than you may think. Traditional pollution and licencing controls and inspections are shifting focus to smaller scale and semi-industrial activities as large manufacturing sites close. Environmental standards are increasing and enforced in more meaningful ways. Avoiding pollution incidents is recommended as regulatory action commonly follows. Waste management is becoming more complex, especially in the push to recycle more. This comes with its own risks where recycled fill suddenly becomes a waste which has to be removed. Increased attention is coming on product packaging, and how much of your old product can be recycled?
In addition to this the international push to do more with Greenhouse Gases will impact on your energy management, perhaps also require detailed reports to agencies. Environmental law is one of the most rapidly developing areas, consequently keeping up is a task in itself. So protect your corporate image, see where the current and next part of environmental law is going and be proactive rather than reactive. This is an introductory webinar designed for executives and senior managers. The following broad key areas of environmental risk will be discussed along with measures on how to management them:
- Managing environmental licences, inspections and regulators
- Dealing with wastes from sites
- Handling wastes from your products, packaging and the product
- Planning approvals and its red tape
- Arranging for the liability of contaminated land -- are you sure your sites are clean enough?
- Focusing on energy and resource usage management -- Greenhouse gases and increasing energy costs
- Ensuring your green corporate image is at least maintained if not improved
Facilitator: Andrew Doig CEO, ASBG