[28 October 2021 I SYDNEY]
The Business Council for Sustainable Development (BCSD) Australia has received an overwhelming response from Australian and New Zealand business leaders to the announcement that it will host a daily online news program during the UN Glasgow climate conference.
G’day Glasgow: The BCSD Australia COP26 Daily News Program, which will be held at 6:00pm each day from 1-12 November, except 7 November, will include delegates at the Glasgow Climate Conference and the occasional special guest from Australia. They, together with BCSD Australia CEO and host Andrew Petersen, will provide insights into negotiations and developments at COP26.
Already confirmed to join us live from Glasgow throughout the 2 weeks include:
· David Benattar, Chief Sustainability Officer, The Warehouse
· Linden Edgell, Global Sustainability Director, ERM
· Mark Gough, CEO, Capitals Coalition
· Anna Hackelsberger, Manager Environmental Sustainability, Econsense, Germany
· Keryn James, Vice-Chair of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development & Group CEO, ERM
· Mardi McBrien, Managing Director, Climate Disclosure Standards Board
· Dave Rouse, CEO, Carbon Click
· Matthew Warnken, Managing Director, AgriProve
· Joanne Yawitch, CEO, National Business Initiative South Africa
· Eva Zabey, Executive Director, Business for Nature
Registration for G’day Glasgow, which is free to anyone, can be made via this link.
During the daily news program, speakers will provide insights and updates to the negotiations in Glasgow as world leaders pursue an agreement to take serious action on climate change. The program will also zoom in on some of the key sectors that form part of the discussions at the conference: energy, industry, utilities, agriculture and transportation.
“The eyes of the world will be on Glasgow during COP26, with political leaders facing increasing scrutiny as demands for action on climate change intensifies,” said BCSD Australia CEO Andrew Petersen. “Through G’day Glasgow, we will provide a clear and concise snapshot of progress being made at the UN climate conference while also helping businesses understand their need to also address the challenges that climate change presents.”
The online program is being delivered in partnership with Business for Nature, the Capitals Coalition, the Climate Disclosure Standards Board, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and the We Mean Business Coalition.
You can follow updates on the program and guest speakers at the BCSD Australia LinkedIn page here.
Leigh Murray, Spotlight Communications
email@example.com I +61 473 658 807
About BCSD Australia
BSCD Australia is an Australian coalition of over 70 private and public organizations advocating for progress on sustainable development. Its mission is to be a catalyst for innovation and sustainable growth in a world where resources are increasingly limited. The Council provides a platform for companies to share experiences and best practices on sustainable development issues and advocate for their implementation, working with governments, non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations.
BCSD Australia’s members include leading Australian businesses, from all sectors, who share a commitment to economic, environmental and social development, public sector enterprises institutions, business and industry non-government organizations and community organizations, which in turn represent more than 100,000 Australian employees.
· Business for Nature: www.businessfornature.org
· Capitals Coalition: www.capitalscoalition.org
· cdp: www.cdp.net
· Climate Disclosure Standards Board: www.cdsb.net/
· World Business Council for Sustainable Development: www.wbcsd.org
For further information contact: Andrew Petersen, CEO, Business Council for Sustainable Development Australia, +61 412 545 994